Ben knows what it is like to be an employee at a small business and what it's like help run a small business, from keeping money flowing in to cover payroll to managing benefits and what seems like unending government regulation. That's why Ben is fighting for an economic recovery led by workers and small businesses. That means raising wages for workers, creating new jobs, and filling every store front.
In the Council Ben Kallos:
- Authored and passed Retirement Security for All to automatically give every private sector employee a retirement account through their employer.
- Advocated for Outdoor Dining to save restaurants during the pandemic then co-sponsored the law to make it permanent.
- Cut the ribbon on a new half-billion-dollar campus expansion of Rockefeller University and the brand new Cornell Tech on Roosevelt Island.
- Created new job by launching a new biotech incubator at Rockefeller University.
Ben has already been fighting for and will win as Borough President:
- Raising wages for our workers who never stopped working throughout the pandemic.
- Make direct payments to residents in need by making government benefits barrier-free with Automatic Benefits
- Creating more high paying jobs for everyone including those without degrees, homeless, justice involved, and those returning to work.
- Universal Internet guarantee built on having won affordable high-speed internet for low-income New Yorkers.
- Support small business with funding to help retrofit for improved ventilation and accessibility.
- Fill every empty storefront.