As a graduate of the Bronx High School of Science, State University of New York at Albany, and Buffalo Law School, Ben believes in providing every child with a world-class education. That’s why Ben has always prioritized investments in, and improvements to, our public education system.
As a Council Member, Ben won::
- 900 new pre-kindergarten seats and funding for 824 new school seats
- $6.5 million in investments for STEM education,
- Funding to rebuild our schools and libraries, including new gyms, green roofs, and a new library on Roosevelt Island,
- Free school lunch and low-cost, $14.99-a-month, Internet for low-income public school students,
- Funding to support the Summer Youth Employment program, and
- Laws to support LGBT students.
As the next Borough President, Ben will keep fighting for his daughter and all of our kids
- Pass his legislation to end youth hunger as part of universal after school,
- Give a laptop with Internet for every child,
- End overcrowding in school,
- Provide universal childcare, and
- Desegregate our schools, both online and in-person.