Real estate developers get billions in tax breaks, politicians take thousands in campaign cash, and tenants like us pay for it all. That’s why Ben has always refused money from real estate developers, corporations, and lobbyists.
As a Council Member, Ben wrote the laws to:
- Ban outside income and make the City Council a full-time job.
- Refused $64,000 from the Speaker’s slush fund then made it illegal.
- Get big money out of politics by matching every small dollar donation.
Ben’s not done yet and as Borough President will keep big money out of politics, restore ethic in government, root out corruption and make it easier to vote, by
- Finally implementing Online Voter Registration,
- Expanding ballot access for all,
- Expanding early voting,
- Passing a Lifetime Ban on Lobbying for Elected Officials, and
- Posting all City jobs to the public.