Ben believes that New York City must protect and invest in public housing and the diverse residents who mold these vital communities.
That’s why in the City Council Ben:
- Led the Progressive Caucus the fight for and win $2 billion in funding for NYCHA,
- Invested $3.5 million in safety improvements with security cameras, layered access, and lighting for every NYCHA development in his district.
- Invested $2.5 million for NYCHA senior and youth centers.
- Funded every Tenant Association in his council district, and
- Defeated Infill at NYCHA Holmes Towers with Borough President Gale Brewer.
As Borough President, Ben will put residents by continuing to advocate for real investment, repairs, and rights for NYCHA tenants, including:
- Fully funding NYCHA from NYC’s $133 billion capital budget.
- Stopping privatization and eviction of NYCHA tenants.
- Creating safer complexes with lighting, layered access, and cameras for every development.
- Supporting Tenant Association leaders and residents with dedicated staff, hosting regular meetings for leaders, and tenant-led oversight.